iPhone 12 Pro vs iPhone 13 Pro: Display & Design
Aesthetically the iPhone 12 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro are identical. There are however two changes: One is the size of the notch, or Face ID, and the other is the available iPhone 13 Pro colours:
- Face ID on the iPhone 13 Pro is 20% smaller. Therefore you will have a more usable screen surface.
- The iPhone 12 Pro is available in Graphite, Silver, Gold and Pacific Blue. The iPhone 13 Pro is available in the same first three colours, swapping the Pacific Blue for Sierra Blue (slightly lighter).
iPhone 12 Pro vs iPhone 13 Pro screen
The iPhone Pro screens have always been the most advanced and brightest, with deep, rich colours. With the iPhone 13 Pro you get more brightness and a unique feature: ProMotion, or high refresh rate.
- The iPhone 13 Pro's screen brightness is 1000 nits while the iPhone 12 Pro's screen is 800 nits. This will be particularly noticeable when using the iPhone outdoors in bright light.
- ProMotion has arrived on the iPhone 13 Pro’s screen. This technology adapts the screen’s refresh rate to the content you are viewing or interacting with (scrolling through a timeline, playing a game etc.). The iPhone 12 Pro refreshes 60 times per second, the iPhone 13 Pro goes up to 120 times per second. This is an incredible improvement in fluidity and smoothness. Do you know the best thing? It actually saves battery, rather than wasting more of it. When the screen is idle, the rate drops to 10 times per second.
iPhone 12 Pro vs iPhone 13 Pro : camera
It's time to talk about the real treasure of an iPhone - the camera. Both models have three cameras, although there are substantial differences between the iPhone 12 Pro & the iPhone 13 Pro:
- The main camera (x1) captures 2.2 times more light on the iPhone 13 Pro compared to the iPhone 12 Pro.
- The iPhone 13 Pro's ultra-wide-angle (x0.5) camera captures 92% more light compared to the iPhone 12's ultra-wide-angle camera. Yes, you read that correctly, 92%. It also has a macro function. That is, with this camera you will be able to take pictures 2 cm away from objects. Ideal for close-up shots of flowers, water droplets... a whole new world of photography opens up thanks to the macro mode.
- The telephoto camera now has a x3 zoom on the iPhone 13 Pro, while the iPhone 12 Pro has a x2 zoom.
- When it comes to recording video, the iPhone 13 Pro introduces Cinema Mode, a new feature that lets you record video like a pro with blur effects and transitions between different shots. This is unlike any other smartphone on the market, and it comes with the iPhone 13 Pro.
- Related to video recording, the iPhone 13 Pro has a stabiliser directly on the sensor, while the iPhone 12 Pro has it on the optics. You will notice this difference if you record a lot of videos on the move: action, sports, walking vlogs, etc.
The iPhone 12 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro processor and battery
Processor and battery life go hand in hand. The iPhone 12 Pro has the A14 Chip, and the iPhone 13 Pro has the A15 Chip. Both are the fastest processors in any smartphone, so you won't find a difference between them. What is noticeable is the efficiency of the A15, which allows the iPhone 13 Pro to have a longer battery life.
- The iPhone 12 Pro lasts up to 17 hours of internet browsing while the iPhone 13 Pro lasts up to 22 hours. A five-hour increase!
iPhone 12 pro vs iPhone 13 Pro : Specs
||iPhone 12 Pro
||iPhone 13 Pro
||6.1" screen with Face ID, 20% more compact
|Screen refresh rate
||60 times per second
||120 times per second
||Focal aperture f/2.4
||Focal aperture f/1.8 with autofocus
||Focal aperture f/1.6
||Focal aperture f/1.5
||Cinema mode with blur transitions
||128GB, 256GB, 512GB
||128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
||17 hours of web browsing
||22 hours of web browsing
iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 13 Pro?
That’s the big question! Both the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro are the most advanced iPhones to date. As you can see, the big difference is in the screen, cameras and battery. If you spend many hours viewing content on your iPhone, and especially if photography is your passion, there's a big difference between the iPhone 12 Pro & the iPhone 13 Pro. Do you have any further questions? Want to know more about the differences between the two models? Here is our comparison of the iPhone devices so that you can analyse each one point by point