Service and support from the people who know your Mac best
Every Mac comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support. Extend your coverage to three years from your hardware product’s original purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct, one-stop access to Apple’s award-winning telephone technical support (2) for questions about Apple hardware, OS X, and Apple applications such as iLife and iWork. And you get global repair coverage for your Mac through convenient service options (1).
One stop for service and support
Because Apple designs the computer, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Direct access to Apple experts
- Global repair coverage (1)
- Onsite repair for desktop computers (3): Request that a technician come to your work site
- Carry-in repair (3): Take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider
Apple hardware coverage
The AppleCare Protection Plan provides global repair coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians around the world. What's covered:
- Your Mac computer
- Battery (1)
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- AirPort (4)
- Apple USB SuperDrive
- Apple display purchased with your Mac
Software support included
Whether you’re sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Using OS X and iCloud
- Quick how-to questions about iLife and iWork
- Connecting to printers and AirPort networks
The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your Mac is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty.
(1) Service coverage is available only for the Mac and/or Apple display and its original included accessories for protection against (i) defects in materials or workmanship and (ii) batteries that retain less than 80 percent of their original capacity.
(2) Local telephone fees may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
(3) Availability of each option depends on country in which service is requested and location of Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable parts.
(4) AirPort must be purchased up to two years before your Mac purchase or during the term of your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.
AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the Mac. For complete details, see terms at www.apple.com/legal/applecare/appgeos.html.