The good news is that there are no differences other than screen size between the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini, and the same goes for the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. So let's do our iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 Pro comparison, although it also applies to the mini and max models.
iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 Pro: Display & Design
Aesthetically, both the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro are very similar. There are differences in the manufacturing materials and colours.
- The iPhone 13 is made of aluminium
- The iPhone 13 Pro is made of stainless steel and is more resistant to drops and bumps.
The iPhone 13 & the iPhone 13 Pro have very different colour palettes, and this is where your taste comes into play!
- The iPhone 13 colors are available in Blue, Starlight, Midnight, Pink and Red.
- The iPhone 13 Pro colors are available in Graphite, Silver, Gold and the new Sierra Blue.
iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 Pro : Screen
If there's one thing that sets an iPhone apart, it's its incredible screen quality. Both the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro have Apple's most advanced technologies, although the iPhone 13 Pro does have a better screen. Here are the differences between both of them.
- The iPhone 13 screen has a maximum brightness of 800 nits while the iPhone 13 Pro has a maximum brightness of 1000 nits.
- The iPhone 13 Pro's screen has ProMotion technology. This makes the screen run twice as smoothly when scrolling, playing video games and during animations etc. The iPhone 13 Pro refreshes its content 120 times per second, while the iPhone 13 refreshes only 60 times per second.
iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 Pro : Camera
Now it's time to talk about the most beloved part of an iPhone - the camera! The iPhone 13 has a dual camera, and the iPhone 13 Pro has a set of three cameras. There is also a big difference between them that real photography lovers will appreciate. Here are the differences between the iPhone 13 & the iPhone 13 Pro:
- The iPhone 13 has an ultra-wide-angle (x0.5) and a wide-angle (x1) camera. The iPhone 13 Pro has an ultra-wide-angle (x0.5), a wide-angle (x1) and a telephoto (x3) camera.
- The wide-angle camera (x1) captures 2.2 times more light on the iPhone 13 Pro comparted to the iPhone 13.
- The iPhone 13 Pro's ultra-wide-angle (x0.5) camera picks up 92% more light compared to the iPhone 13's ultra-wide-angle camera.
- The iPhone 13 Pro allows Macro photography, 2cm away from objects, which is something unique to the Pro model.
- Thanks to the iPhone 13 Pro's LiDAR scanner, you can take portrait mode photos at night.
One wonderful thing the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro have in common is cinema mode. The new feature that lets you record video like a pro with blur effects and transitions between different shots.
iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 Pro : Battery
Battery life is unique to each iPhone model. The size of the iPhone is particularly important, as the larger the iPhone, the larger the battery inside. Here are the browsing times in hours for the different iPhone 13 & iPhone 13 Pro models:
- iPhone 13 mini battery: 13 hours
- iPhone 13 battery: 15 hours
- iPhone 13 Pro battery: 20 hours
- iPhone 13 Pro Max battery: 25 hours
||iPhone 13 Pro
||5.4" and 6.1" screens
||6.1" and 6.7" screens
|Screen refresh rate
||60 times per second
||120 times per second
|Number of cameras
||Two cameras (wide-angle + ultra-wide-angle)
||Three cameras (wide-angle + ultra-wide-angle + telephoto)
||Focal aperture f/2.4
||Focal aperture f/1.8 with autofocus and macro photography
||Focal aperture f/1.6
||Focal aperture f/1.5
||Focal aperture f2.8 zoom x3
||Cinema mode with blur transitions
||Cinema mode with blur transitions
||Yes, to take night photos in portrait mode
||A15 Bionic with 4 GPU cores
||A15 Bionic with 5 GPU cores
||128GB, 256GB, 512GB
||128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
||iPhone 13 mini - 13 hours and iPhone 13 - 15 hours
||iPhone 13 Pro - 20 hours and iPhone Pro Max - 25 hours
Which iPhone is for you: iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 Pro?
That’s the big question! Both the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro are the most advanced iPhones to date. As you can see, the big difference is in the screen and the cameras. If you spend many hours viewing content on your iPhone, and especially if you're passionate about photography, there's a big jump between the iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 Pro this year. Do you have any further questions? Do you want to know more about the differences between both models? Here is our comparison of the iPhone devices so that you can analyse each one point by point